[Electronics-talk] web conferencing platforms

Michael Babcock empoweringtheblind at icloud.com
Tue Nov 26 06:55:26 UTC 2013

I've never used this; but found it and might in the future:
Blackboard Collaborate | Web Conferencing Accessibility
http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Collaborate/Products/Blackboard-Collaborate/Web-Conferencing/Accessibility.aspx
Being accessible enables people with disabilities to fully engage and participate in the teaching and learning experience. Here’s a summary of how Blackboard
Collaborate removes the barriers to universal access.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE BLIND OR HAVE LOW VISION
tab panel start
list of 6 items
• Inherited user-defined operating system color/contrast schemes
• Customizable user interface with personalized settings remembered from session to session
• Whiteboard content scalable by both moderators and participants
• Audible notifications of key events in session (raised hand, participant joined/left, incoming chat message, etc.)
• Full screen reader support throughout main interface
• Activity Window with text "timeline" of all session activities, including text from PPT slides for screen read access
list end
tab panel end