[Electronics-talk] setting radios

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 28 21:02:28 UTC 2013

Jenny,
Is IHeartRadio just an online thing. Do you get stations from all over the
country?
I'll listen to it sometimes. I'm guessing this radio station online is with
all the commercials just as you would hear  on a real radio.

I think the great thing about a standard radio is its simplicity and
portability. You don't have to have a wi fi connection or pay for a data
plan to stream music from a smart phone. You can take a radio to country
roads and still usually get a signal.

I am frustrated with setting radio stations, but I suppose I just like the
benefits of  a real radio. Now, if only I could still buy a walkman device
which would be small, light and portable, I'd be happy. I have not seen a
discman though with a radio on it.
Walkmans are something not made anymore to my knowledge. I think my last
walkman was bought ten years ago and still works although the reception for
the radio could be better.
Also  its nice to have a radio when the electricity is off
Our internet goes down when the electricity gets knocked out.

Anyway, I'll investigate these free online options.

But still will look out for a more accessible radio with perhaps a larger
screen.
Ashley