[Electronics-talk] talking programmable thermostats

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 25 23:54:43 UTC 2013

What I learned today is that when you replace a digital touch screen
thermostat with a third party product you lose the advanced features of the
heating and cooling system.  The Carrier Infinity system that we are looking
at monitors the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity levels and
adjusts the system within the parameters that you have programmed into the
touch screen thermostat.  So in theory, once someone gets it programed for
me I should not have to touch it.  It will automatically switch between heat
and air conditioning.  I hope to see the actual thermostat tomorrow and see
if there is any way to add tactile marks around the frame.  Carrier does
have an App for the iPhone, but it does not work at all with Voice Over.  I
am now looking into using the PC based internet solution for remote access,
but it requires something called Adobe Air and I have no idea how JAWS is
going to respond to this.

Annette