[Electronics-talk] i-phone app and tv accessibility

david hertweck david.hertweck at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 27 15:21:00 UTC 2013

I just found an app that I am extremely excited about.
If you have the following.

1. AT&T uverse
2. I-phone 4 or >
4. wi/fi network.

The app is uverse remote.
It works very well with voice over,  It provides access via voice over to
most of the information displayed on the tv.
It also provides
1. Access to the primary functions of the uverse remote
2. access to the program guide
3. voice commands and searches.  "IE" "find law and order"
4. access to the recorded shows

It may take sighted help to do the initial setup.
place tv on given channel and follow the on screen instructions, but after
it is setup it provides a level of access that I have never had.
The best thing is that it is free from the app store.
Give it a try.