[Electronics-talk] iPhone question

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Mon Sep 16 16:19:12 UTC 2013

I bought my first iPhone, the 3GS in December of 2009, and it had
already been out for several months. And, now, 4 years later, all of the
OS updates to date have supported the 3GS. Now, having said that,
hardware upgrades in successive models have given newer models much more
functionality, but the 3GS today will still do what it did when it first
came out in 2009. If you buy a new iPhone 5C or 5S, or even if you get a
4S, you will get years of service from it, but note that as time goes
on, you may not be able to do everything that you can do with models
that have come out since you got yours.

Andy