[Electronics-talk] TV with Easily accessible Audio Describedprogramming.

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 22 02:04:52 UTC 2013

Gerald,
I understand your frustration. But, one company is planning to  develop
accessible boxes; Ray sent the link.
Why don't you put in written complaints to Time Warner for now. I think the
FCC has a complaint process for not following the newest law, the video
accessibility and communications act.
True the FCC moves slow and enforcement could be better. But give them some
credit.
If you don't complain and speak up for needs, that is no way to change
things.
Sorry to hear about your issues with Time Warner. I recall you live in a
seniors apartment complex you say.
Many communities have volunteers to help seniors called friendly visitor
programs. Our lighthouse for the blind also has a visitor program for blind
people. These people from the lighthouse can read mail, labels, and even run
short errands with you.
There are nonprofits in my community providing visitors to seniors and
transportation to essential appointments.
So, I think you should enlist the assistance of a sighted volunteer to
assist you in setting up the cable stuff you need. Another idea is can you
ask neighbors or staff in the apartment complex?
You need sighted help for now.

I'm hopeful things will change with new laws.
I also think that if one cable company becomes more accessible, more will
follow.
We will see what happens.

Ashley