[Electronics-talk] recording, cd burning and creating cds

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 05:54:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

What’s a good way to create a music cd? I am refering to taking several songs from various cds and placing them on a new cd. I would assume the first step would be to digitize them via something like windows media player where you rip them to mp3 files.

I thought there might be some free accessible software to do this with unless its doable with windows media player and itunes which I have.

What is a good simple cd burner?

Also,  what software do I use to record and what sort of microphone do I need?
I heard audacity is somewhat accessible. Can anyone tell me what you can and cannot do with it? Are there keystrokes for common things like start and stop recording?

Thanks.
Ashley