[Electronics-talk] [EXTERNAL] Re: Fwd: RiVO for iPhoneVoiceOver is now available in 20 languages

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Tue Aug 26 15:39:34 UTC 2014

I agree. Different strokes for different folks. I have a friend who is blind, and who seems to lack the spatial concepts and muscle memory to handle the touch screen. The RIVO works for him. It is possible that over time, he could conquer his barriers, but why should he feel compelled to do so just to prove a point, or to make others happy. The blind community is diverse and broad, and what meets the needs of some may not be relevant to others. I have tried the RIVO and it doesn't work for me, but I would never dismiss its existence if it meets the needs of others.

Andy