[Electronics-talk] question about the Keurig 2.0

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu Dec 4 12:23:26 UTC 2014

Forget about those expensive,and mostly inaccessible Keurig single serve and
mini coffee brewers.  From what I have read, they are overpriced and
overrated.  Recently, I received a gift of a cool little gadget called the
Moyo Brew-a-Cup Personal Coffee Maker.  When I first picked up this little
plastic gizmo, I thought to myself, are you kidding me or what?  How can
this thing possibly work.  But to my surprise, it not only works, but brews
a great cup of coffee using any brand of regular coffee grounds.  It is so
easy to use that even a 5 year-old could do it.  Basically, the Brew-a-Cup
consists of a filter compartment with a permanent mesh filter to which is
attached a removable water reservoir.  To make a cup of coffee, you remove
the water reservoir from the filter compartment, and fill the filter
compartment with about one table spoon of your favorite ground coffee.  No
paper filter is required.  You then slip the water reservoir over the filter
compartment and place the whole unit over your favorite mug.  Then you heat
up a glass of water in the microwave on high for about one to one and a half
minutes, and simply pour the hot water into the water reservoir of the
Brew-a-Cup.  The water drips through the grounds in the filter compartment
directly into the mug, and in less than 3 minutes, you have a hot, cup of
freshly brewed coffee.  To clean the unit, you simply remove the water
reservoir, and rinse out the grounds under the kitchen faucet.  What could
be easier?  No bells and whistles.  No paper filters to buy.  No power cords
to futz around with.  No LCD or touch screens to deal with.  And no large
contraption taking up space on your kitchen counter.  It is totally
accessible.  I'm surprised that the blindness-products merchants don't sell
it.  It works at least as well as a Keurig brewer , if not better.  Of
course, it is very low tech, which may not appeal to some consumers who seem
to believe that you cannot brew a decent cup of coffee unless you use a
complicated, expensive high-tec brewer with a lot of bells and whistles.
But sometimes, low tech solutions work best.  To be fair, I am not a coffee
connoseur by any stretch, just your average Maxwell House kind of guy who
enjoys a freshly brewed cup of coffee with my breakfast every morning to get
me going.  The Moyo Brew-a-Cup will fit over most 8 to 12 ounce mugs and is
available on Amazon.com for under $10.  For more information:

http://www.amazon.com/Single-CoffeeMaker-Permanent-Coffee-Filter/dp/B00JBFQRR0

Gerald