[Electronics-talk] accessible treadmills?

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 11 00:01:10 UTC 2014

The elliptical that we have here at home and the elliptical and treadmill at
the fitness center at work are flat panels.  I have made overlays for each
of the machines.  The overlays  are held in place with Velcro.  To make the
overlay I positioned a sheet of overhead film on the panel held in place
with Velcro.  I had someone trace the 6 buttons that I needed as well as
write their label inside the outline.  I then made up braille labels with
dymo tape and/or placed different shaped and different textured "bump dots"
inside the outline of the buttons.  This method of labeling the machine
prevents the braille and/or tactile marks from blocking the printed labels.
It also allows for the machine to be wiped down without knocking the labels
and marks off.

Of course with this way of labeling the buttons I do not have access to the
display and cannot track distance, incline measurement, time, calories, etc.

HTH,
Annette