[Electronics-talk] No Longer Lurking; Dectalk

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 18:37:30 UTC 2014

Hello!

Greetings! My name is Chaim Segal, and I live in the greater Dayton, Ohio area. I'm glad to be on this list. I have been lurking for a few weeks, as I have been busy with finishing up projects for first semester at school.

I am curious to know if there is any way to still use Dectalk with JAWS or Openbook? I have heard that USB Dectalks exist, but have neither ever seen one before or know who sells them. I have been using JAWS since DOS days, and had Dectalk as my voice synthesizer of choice on my first PCS. I really miss its voices, and may be willing to pop for it again at some point. Is there any way to use Dectalk beyond Windows XP?

Many Thanks!

Chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Customer Service Representative
Sinclair Community College
E-mail: chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net

Every man, woman, every boy and girl,
Let your love light shine, make a better world.
[Daryl Hall & John Oates