[Electronics-talk] coffee makers

Drew Hunthausen dhunthausen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 15:51:44 UTC 2014

Thanks, makes sense.

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Tracy Carcione
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 8:19 AM
To: Discussion of accessible electronics and appliances
Subject: Re: [Electronics-talk] coffee makers

Hi Drew.
When I think of a regular coffeemaker, I think of something with at least a
few buttons, plugs in, and has a filter and a pot.  The French press is only
a pot with a plunger/metal filter.  You boil the water separately, then pour
it over the grounds in the French press.  When you think it's steeped long
enough, you push the plunger, and all the grounds are pushed to the bottom
and held there.  Mine doubles as a thermal cup.  It's a very simple device.
Tracy