[Electronics-talk] microwaves

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 6 04:56:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

How do you make your microwave accessible? Do they make ones with dials where you click them into place as they used to?
These strike me as more accessible as there is less things to press.
I don’t think they make microwaves with buttons anymore, right?
I had one like that in our old house, twenty years ago.
It felt like a telephone keypad and was easy to use.

All new appliances seem to have flat screens.
If not, all are those touch pads, which mean we have to label them.

If you label it, do you use braille? I’ve noticed there’s so many buttons. I’ve just labeled the essential items. I was able to label with two letters per button which is a good thing as one letter would not work because it could mean several things. So, I wrote cl for clear and ck for cook time.
I heard there was one talking microwave, but I would not get it, as its overpriced. I figure I can adapt an off the shelf product.