[Electronics-talk] Programmable coffeepot?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 04:22:22 UTC 2014

I'm talking about the Speak 'n' Brew from Primula. It's not built for or
marketed to the blind. It has four buttons on it, which you use to set
the time and program it when you want your coffee to start brewing. You
program it with voice commands, and you get voice prompts and feedback
when you're using it. I figured it would be kind of gimmicky when I got
it, but I needed a new 10 cup coffee pot anyway, so I took a chance on
it. I actually like it a lot. I can also see why it might be popular
with a sighted user. I always find it a pain when I want to reset my
alarm clock and I have to count and pound on the up and down buttons
dozens of times. With this coffee pot, you just hit a button and speak
the time you want to set or the time you want it to start brewing. It's
an inexpensive way to add programmability without adding a keypad or a
display.

I'm not sure it's still available, but I did find the following link to
it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Primula-SAB-3001-10-Cup-Coffeemaker-Carafe/product-reviews/B002Q0W7PS

--
Christopher (CJ)