[Electronics-talk] best place to buy labels for the PenFriend

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 30 00:15:52 UTC 2014

I've not seen much of a price difference for the Pen Friend labels from one
distributor to another.  What does differ is the shipping charges.

In order to make my labels last longer, I take 3 by 5 index cards and cut
them in half so that they measure 3 by 2.5.  I adhere the Pen Friend labels
to the index card half.  I most often use paper clips to attach these labels
to papers, folders, etc.  Sometimes I place packing tape over the entire
index card half and label to make it more durable and then use a hole punch
to put a hole in the index card on the edge opposite the Pen Friend label.
I then use a rubber band, twist tie, string, yarn, etc. to attach the card
to the item I want to mark.  I have also use tape to attach the card with
the label to things.  Because of the packing tape over the card and Pen
Friend label, the tape can be removed without damaging the card or PenFriend
label.  The Pen Friend reader has no problem reading the label through the
packing tape.

I've got to say that I am very disappointed in the Pen Friend laundry
labels.  They started falling off of my clothing in the first washing.  If
anyone has any tips beyond the directions that came with the labels, I'd
love to hear them.

HTH,
Annette