[Electronics-talk] PC Laptops

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:21:26 UTC 2014

I don't see the message being responded to below, and I don't recall
netbooks coming up before, but I would agree that an ultrabook would be
the way to go over a netbook, especially if you're running JAWS or
Window Eyes.  You might get better mileage on a netbook with NVDA since
it doesn't use an off screen model and isn't as memory hungry. I looked
at an ultrabook for my wife recently and there were still Windows 7
options out there. Just Google for them and check out sites like Tiger
Direct. That being said, I wouldn't be put off by Windows 8. An
ultrabook will also cost quite a bit more than a netbook, but you could
also consider laptops running less expensive processors, like the I3, if
you wanted to save a little bit of money.

On 07/30/2014 07:59 PM, David Thomas via Electronics-talk wrote:
> I personally don't think the netbook is the best way to go. In my honest
> opinion you would be better off with an ultra book. The only downside is
> if you don't like Windows 8.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail