[Electronics-talk] Victor Stream versus iPod Touch

Tracy Carcione via Electronics-talk electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 17:45:35 UTC 2014

I have both a Stream and an ipod Touch.  I very much prefer my Victor for
reading NLS or Bookshare, reading Newsline papers, and listening to
podcasts.  Maybe it's familiarity, but I know the Stream will stop where I
tell it, and start up again in the same place.  I looked at a Newsline paper
through the ipod app, and each section was one big hunk, not divided up into
articles, like it is on the Stream.
I also often use the Victor for recording.  One button and it starts; hit it
again and it stops and saves the recording.  I know I can get some app to
record with the ipod, but I feel more confident with Victor.

On the other hand, I have a much bigger choice of internet radio on the
ipod.
Tracy