[Electronics-talk] Victor Stream versus iPod Touch

Jim Barbour via Electronics-talk electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
Wed May 28 17:48:33 UTC 2014

This gets talked about a good bit.

I own both an iPhone 5 and a victor stream series 2 and I really don't want to give up either one.

If you have to choose one, then choose the iDevice.  It will do more than the stream.

The downsides of the iDevice are that it's harder to manage content and there are no physical buttons.  I use a touch screen very well, but find it annoying to navigate through music, podcasts, etc. using the touch screen when I'm on the go.

The downsides of the stream are that it's expensive, doesn't have all-the-time internet, and none of the apps you get with an iDevice.

I can't think of anything I can do with my stream that I can't do with my iPhone.  However, managing content is not as easy, you need to either use itunes or dropbox.  With the stream, you can just mount its SD card and copy files into it.

Hope this helps,

Jim