[Electronics-talk] GPS apps question

Poppa Bear via Electronics-talk electronics-talk at nfbnet.org
Sat May 31 18:46:23 UTC 2014

Hello, this is Poppa Up in Alaska, I live in an area that is not laden with
street signs and typical GPS apps don't seem to be significant at first
glance, I am wondering if any of these GPS apps have the ability to create
your own POI's, IE, the ability to go to a spot and mark that spot with the
name you want to give it and then create your own roots without specific
addresses? I know that the Trekker breeze has a feature like this, but I
haven't found any apps with the same feature.

Thanks for any suggestions