[Electronics-talk] JAWS Rewind and Fast Forward Keys

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Nov 10 02:54:17 UTC 2014

You got it right.  Per haps a small trip back in history will explain
the situation.  A long time ago, in the 90's, I started a discussion
area called gui-talk,  It was for discussion of ghe graphical user
interface, or gui.  People were starting to use windows etc.

As we moved forward there didn't seem to be a place to discuss things
like accessible appliances, talking caller ID's, cable boxes
etc.  So, I started electronics-talk.  There were no smart phones, no
iPhones, no iPads, no iOS or Android, not even talking phones with
talks or mobile speak.  Wireless meant a base station with a handset
that you could walk around with.

I still think a place for home electronics and home appliances is
needed, and since phones weren't excluded in the original
description, they are ok too.  Also, many things work with iOS or
android apps now, thermostats, home automation etc.

For computer quiestions, gui-talk is the appropriate choice.

Hope this all makes sense.

Dave

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com or david.andrews at nfbnet.org