[Electronics-talk] iOS 8 Problems

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:02:39 UTC 2014

Just because Money Reader isn't produced by Apple doesn't mean it's
problems are not an IOS bug. On another list, it seems like the makers
of Money Reader have put out an update that seems to help, so in this
case, it may be an issue with the app itself, but when something works
on one version of the OS and then fails after an OS upgrade, the problem
could easily be in the OS and isn't automatically in the app.

On 11/21/2014 04:20 AM, Jude DaShiell via Electronics-talk wrote:
> The money reader is not produced by Apple, so that is properly a
> separate issue you'll have to take up with its developer.
> The rest of your problems are properly sent to accessibility at apple.com
> and they can enter those bugs into the bugs database for ios and
> Voiceover for future fixes.  There's another bug you didn't find yet
> apparently too.  In the app store using search this one shows up.  The
> only way to clear the search field after a search is to reboot the phone
> at least in the 4s models and this happens with 8.11.
>
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2014, Nicole Torcolini via Electronics-talk wrote:
>
>> I recently updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8, and I am having some accessibility
>> problems. The first one may have been present before, but I just did not
>> know. It seems to be possible to change the volume of the ringer and alerts
>> and of the VoiceOver speech using the buttons, but it does not seem to be
>> possible to change the volume of the VoiceOver sounds with the buttons. The
>> next problem is that emails keep temporarily disappearing. I will be on an
>> unread message in a thread and swipe right to a read message. When I swipe
>> left, the unread message is going. Pressing home and then reopening mail
>> makes the message come back and stay. I disabled the swipe left and swipe
>> right actions in settings for emails, but that did not help. Another
>> VoiceOver related issue is that, sometimes, VoiceOver is not reading the
>> on/off state of a toggle button. Restarting the iPhone fixes it. Finally,
>> the money reader does not seem to work with iOS 8. It was finicky with 7,
>> but seems to not work at all with 8. Has anyone else experienced these
>> issues or know anything about them?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nicole
>>

> jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>