[Electronics-talk] GPS and IPod Touch

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 16:13:52 UTC 2014

You can also download the maps ahead of time with Google Maps using
wifi. After this, you don't need to have a network connection. Of
course, you don't have access to the route you didn't already punch in
while on wifi.

The TomTom app also works off line since it's maps are stored locally. I
don't hear it discussed much, so I don't know how accessible it is, but
you could check for a review on applevis.com.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail