[Electronics-talk] Do you use an antivirus with your iPhone?

Ray Foret Jr rforet7706 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 01:47:10 UTC 2014

George, based on your description, I'd say you have a corrupt install of the latest IOS.  Sounds to me like you want to plug your phone in to ITunes and do a total wipe of your phone.  Then, when you restart it, set it up as a new phone.  Iff even that fails, you might have to put your phone in to UDF mode and do a forced hard firmware reset which, when you do this, will force your phone to assume factory original condition.  I have not done this myself so I can't speak for whether or not it's accessible.  To put your phone in to UDF mode, press and hold down both the power button and the home button for longer than ten seconds. Your phone will then go in to a condition where the only option is to hard reset or cancel.  There is another way to do this.  First, turn Find my phone off on your phone.  Then, completely shut it down.  Now, with one end of the cable plugged in to your computer, plug the other end in to your phone while pressing down the home button.

Sincerely,
the Constantly Barefooted Ray, Still a very happy Mac and iphone user!
Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in and fully protected by ClamXav Antivirus!