[Electronics-talk] PC Laptops

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:16:06 UTC 2014

Just one tiny point of clarification. The FN key doesn't work with just
the funtion keys. For example, on my Dell laptop, the FN key when used
in conjuntion withe the up and down arrow keys will raise and lower the
screen brightness. On my Asus netbook, the FN key when used with the
arrow keys will perform page up, page down, home and end.

If you ever have sighted assistance, your sighted friend can point out
the keys that will work with the FN key to give you other operations.
They're usually represented by an icon in a different color on the key cap.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/bookworm
>>> ahb%40earthlink.net

>>> Electronics-talk:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/chaltain