[Electronics-talk] Ipad

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 23:33:35 UTC 2014

Hi Annette and all

I have the IPad mini and I'm liking mine very much!  One has a longer battery life when using an IPad.  Mine is using a sim card which allows me to be on the Verizon Network.  I can be on Wi Fi or Verizon.  There are differences with the IPad and one might have three different screens to negotiate through which can be confusing at times!  Other times, the IPad may be tempermental as one navigates through the various screens. There are apps which are available to the IPad and not the IPhone.  Or, the same app might have an IPad version as well as an IPhone Version.  If one obtains an IPad, one has access to these IPad apps.  My IPad mini has two speakers so it is nice to hear my ringtones in stereo if they are recorded in stereo.  Other websites sound fine in stereo from the IPad as well.  Otherwise, there isn't much advantage to the IPad other than what I mentioned.  I use my IPad Mini in portrait mode which works very well for me!  My wife got one months before I did and I felt I wouldn't need one!  When people started telling me how well the IPad works with GPS apps, I decided to get mine! It is certainly louder than my IPod and I can use it most anywhere!  I'd say go for it but I wouldn't recommend a full size unit!  The larger the screen, the trickier the navagation.

Jim