[Electronics-talk] Mobile hot spot question

James Aldrich jajkaldrich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 03:11:11 UTC 2014

Hi Ashley and all,

I gave up my landline and have no regrets.  I get my Wi Fi from Charter Cable.  I have fewer unwanted calls especially nice during the political elections.  I certainly don't mind getting away from my phone for a while especially while it is charging!  My phone is in the bedroom charging and I'm in my patio writing this post!  If IOS8 goes according to what is rumored, I may be able to place calls through Wi Fi which are known as VOIP calls,
and I may be able to place calls in this way with my IPhone, IPod and IPad.  Time will tell!  This would work for anyone, not just facetime video or audio calls.  We'll see what happens tomorrow or in the next few days.  I could use external batteries to charge my phone while I'm enjoying the fall air, but I plugged it in this time!  I can tell you those face time audio calls sound wonderful especially when both parties have good wi fi connections!  I think 911 could find me if I needed to call 911.  There are new options in IOS8, stay tuned!

Everyone is entitled to their preferences!

Jim
Sent from my iPad