[Electronics-talk] ooooo yikes!/Could this pill replace passwords? | One Page | Komando.com

Pamela Dominguez geodom at optonline.net
Tue Apr 21 02:47:52 UTC 2015

Oh no!  This sounds disgusting!  pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lauren Merryfield via Electronics-talk
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 7:21 PM
To: sandrarose at mycelery.com
Subject: [Electronics-talk] ooooo yikes!/Could this pill replace passwords?
| One Page | Komando.com

Hi,

I read this in kim komando’s newsletter;

Could this pill replace passwords? | One Page | Komando.com

April 20, 2015

PHOTO COURTESY OF SHUTTERSTOCK

If you think Apple's fingerprint scanners are futuristic, wait until you
read about the security measures one PayPal executive is excited about. He
thinks

businesses will start using injectable chips and pills you can swallow to
secure all of your accounts.

These devices include brain implants and attachable computers, which “put
users in charge of their own security,” [global head of developer evangelism

Jonathan Leblanc] said. Ingestible devices could be powered by stomach acid,
which will run their batteries, he added.

These new gadgets would turn unique markers in your body like vein features
or your heart's electrical activity into passwords. They could transmit that

encrypted data using wireless antennas to unlock your accounts. This makes
them more accurate and secure than fingerprint scanners,

because even those can be hacked.

I know this technology sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie, but it's
real. There's no timetable for when PayPal or other businesses could
introduce

this technology, but there are people out there working on it right now.

Mr. Leblanc said PayPal was working with partners who are building vein
recognition technologies as well as heartbeat recognition bands. PayPal is
also

working with developers, mostly through 24-hour hackathons, who are building
prototypes of futuristic ID verification techniques, he said.

In the age of the hacker, it's more important than ever to develop secure
methods to keep our accounts and personal information safe. But, I'm not
sure

how comfortable I would feel swallowing a password pill or injecting a chip
into my skin. It sounds really invasive to me. What do you think about this

new technology?

Source:

Wall Street Journal

list of 2 items

New Technology

Privacy

list end

thanks

lauren

Blessings in Jesus’ name.

God’s grace:“Plunge a sponge into Lake Erie. Did you absorb every drop? Take
a deep breath. Did you suck the oxygenout of the atmosphere? Pluck a pine
needle from a

tree in Yosemite. Did you deplete the forest of foliage? Watch an ocean wave
crash against the beach. Will there never be another one?” –Max Lucado

my digital evangelism blog:w w w . ask in jesus name . o r g

my latest book is at:

w w w . a u d I b l e . c o m

Cats Are Terrifically Superb:

W w w . c a t l I n e s . c o m

(take out the spaces to activate the links)