[Electronics-talk] Flatbed scanners and Windows 8.1

Tony Sohl tonysohl at samobile.net
Tue Apr 21 02:58:39 UTC 2015

Hi folks, my wife hads a Toshiba sattlelite running windows 8.1.

For Christmas, we baught all-in-one scanners from Walmart and they are
the Cannon Pixma scanner. Well unfortunately, the people at Walmart had
no clue about the scnaner, and they didn't know if it was even Twain
comatable. They didn't know if it was going to work with Windows 8.1.

We got it home and connected it to tyhe laptop and sure enough, it
didn't even work with windows 8.1

My unit worked buecase I'm using windows 7 and I also have a computer
running windows XP but it's going to be a game computer only!

Well, now we are looking for a scanner that will work with windows 8.1
We are trying to find just a flat bed scanner but if we have to get an
all in one then that might have to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?