[Electronics-talk] Accessible Microwave?

Allison Depner alley.cat.77 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:22:37 UTC 2015

Thank you.  This was very useful.

Alley

-----Original Message-----
From: Electronics-talk [mailto:electronics-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of S L Johnson via Electronics-talk
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2015 11:12 AM
To: Discussion of accessible electronics and appliances
Cc: S L Johnson
Subject: Re: [Electronics-talk] Accessible Microwave?

Hello:

No, they discontinued that a few years ago.  I would have loved to get the
talking one but, my budget couldn't afford almost $400.  I didn't want to
struggle trying to put Braille labels on a flat screen.  I've also learned
from past experience that the labels don't stay on very well, especially
when you try to wipe off the front with a damp cloth.   In desperation I did

a web search for microwaves with dials and came up with one site.  I ended
up getting one with dials from www.compactappliances.com.  It has two dials.

The top goes from low to high turning clockwise and the bottom is the timer
with the dial turning clockwise.  I used a talking timer until I got used to
how far to turn the knob to the desired time.  You may not want it though
because it is only 700 watts.  I just leave things a bit longer than you
would in a more high powered oven.

Sandra