[Electronics-talk] Accessible tablet

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 17:43:21 UTC 2015

I'd agree with Tracy, but if you're set on getting an inexpensive tablet
though, I'd give the iPad the edge, although it's not inexpensive. I
think VoiceOver has the edge when it comes to more advanced screen
reading features, such as selecting, cutting and pasting text. Office
suites are available on both IOS and Android, and I think they're all
fairly usable with VoiceOver and TalkBack. I've only played with them
myself though, so I can't speak from experience. BTW, I got a Nexus 7
myself because I wanted an inexpensive introduction to Android and
tablets. I think I got the Nexus 7 for about $150. It's getting a little
long in the tooth, but with routine maintenance, it's quite usable. I'm
not sure if my next phone will be an iPhone or a Galaxy. I'll probably
keep waiting until my iPhone 4S becomes unusable or isn't getting any
more IOS updates. At that time, I'll see what the state of accessibility
is with Android and IOS and what the various high end phone options are.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail