[Electronics-talk] JAWS question

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:28:47 UTC 2015

There's a setting in the voice adjustment dialog called spelling rate
adjustment. The default is -20. If you want it slower, try setting it to
-25 or -30.

BTW, Windows Live Mail is an email client and not an email provider. An
email provider would be someone like Google, Yahoo, Road Runner and so on.

Also, I'm just a list member, but my reading of the list information is
that questions on JAWS or 3rd party screen readers is off topic for the
list. I'm not a moderator though, so just consider this my own personal
opinion.

On 02/01/2015 10:05 PM, Sandra Streeter via Electronics-talk wrote:
> Hello, everyone!
>
> First—a long time ago, I wrote requesting suggestions when I was considering switching email providers. By way of update, I had a friend work with me on installing Win. LiveMail, and am, generally, very satisfied with it. The ribbon can sometimes be tricky, especially when I’m searching for the “go to” item when I want to switch from Inbox to another folder; but the screen clutter and being unable to delete messages with one keystroke—no problems any more! So, thanks for all of your advice.
>
> Now to another quick question: When I try to get JAWS to spell an item by using Insert F5, it speaks WAY too quickly; how can I slow the spelling down? Thanks!
>
> Sandra

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail