[Electronics-talk] Considering upgrade to I OS 8.4

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Jul 20 17:22:54 UTC 2015

Rob:

I'm sure what I shall say next isn't exactly what you want to read and I agree with you that since the Adobe program is free, you aren't out much in trying it. However, I suspect that the documents won't be rendered in a form which VoiceOver can interpret. I certainly hope that I am wrong.

However, the KNFB Reader app interprets PDF documents -- even those without underlying ASCII text -- nearly flawlessly. Admittedly, it costs bucks -- especially when considering the usual cost of iOS apps. However, I assure you that even if you read inaccessible PDF documents even occasionally, the app is worth every penny. Like any OCR app, it takes some getting used to and the more practice, the better. But it really is amazing what it can do.

Good luck!

Mike Freeman