[Electronics-talk] check writing software?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Jul 21 16:00:47 UTC 2015

MoneyTalks from the American Printing House for the Blind can be configured
to print on a personal check.  As is the case with any solution, you will
need to spend some time getting it calibrated with your checks and your
printer.  You will also need a printer that can accurately feed and print on
a check.  You will probably have to sacrifice a few checks during the
calibration process.  I have an HP laser printer and a Dell printer that do
pretty well with checks, even the regular sized personal checks that I use.
Some say that you should use a laser printer rather than an ink jet printer
because the printing is more permanent, but I don't know whether that is a
concern or not.  Some printers will handle the larger checks all right even
if they can't handle the normal personal checks.  You'll need to be sure of
your printer's capabilities.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson