[Electronics-talk] keurig 2.0

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Sun Mar 22 17:16:15 UTC 2015

I just don't understand this infatuation with Keurig coffee makers.  They
are expensive, use equally expensive K-Cups and are mostly inaccessible
bbecause of all the bells and whistles of dubious usefulness.  Plus, many of
the reviews of these Keurig machines claim that the coffee often comes out
lukewarm and has to be heated in the microwave.  Does this make any sense?
Not to me.  I use a Kitchen SelectivesCM-688 single serve drip coffee maker,
which is currently available on Amazon.com for $14.99. although I paid only
$9 for it just before Christmas.  It is so easy to use.  You just fill the
water reservoir to the desired level (there are raised tactile vertical
lines on the inside of the reservoir to indicate 8 oz, 10oz, 12 oz and 14 oz
levels), add a tablespoon of your favorite coffee to the filter basket (it
has a permenant removable mesh filter), place the included 12 oz ceramic mug
or any other mug of your choice on the stand, close the lid, flip the rocker
power switch, and in less than 4 minutes, you have a piping hot cup of
freshly vrewed joe.  No fancy shmancy touchscreens to putz around with.
Nothing to set.  And cleanup is a snap.  Just rinse the sludge out of the
filter under the kitchen tap.  What could be simpler?To me, this is a far
better choice for a blind coffee drinker than a Keurig, but that's just my
two cents, for what they're worth.

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Selectives-CM-688-Single-Coffee/dp/B0041GNZSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427043454&sr=8-1&keywords=kitchen+selectives+cm-688

Gerald