[Electronics-talk] My brailled ATM cards are here

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Thu May 7 23:16:33 UTC 2015

Which leads me to ask:  How do you read the credit card number, expiration
date and security code on your new credit, debit or ATM card if the company
does not offer the card in Braille, and you have no trustworthy friend or
family member on hand to read it to you?  I am expecting a new credit card
from Discover which does not offer it in Braille, and have no friends or
family members nearby who can visit me to read me the pertinent information.
And I do not know my neighbors well enough to entrust one of them with this
seemingly simple task.  After all, identity theft has become rampant in this
country, and once somebody steals your credit card information, it can take
months and months of aggravation to straighten out the mess.  I have tried
Open Book to scan credit cards, but it apparently cannot recognize either
the embossed characters of the credit card number and expiration date or the
security code on the back.  How do you guys handle this situation if you
can't obtain a Braille card?

Gerald