[Electronics-talk] Storable energy for prolonged periods of power outage

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 10 19:16:17 UTC 2015

We looked at getting a generator after superstorm Sandy, but it wasn't as simple as we thought.  It would have needed to have its own base and shelter, and be run regularly to keep in working order.  We decided to take our chances with future power outages, which aren't all that frequent, and identify places we could stay a few days instead, in case we need to.

Be careful with solutions like hooking batteries together.  Get it wrong, and I think you could get a short, which can start a fire, or have too much current and turn your fine electronics into hunks of burnt-out junk.
Tracy