[Electronics-talk] [EXTERNAL] Re: Storable energy for prolongedperiods of poweroutage

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Tue Nov 10 22:20:04 UTC 2015

I have had the same land-line phone number for over 60 years, and have never
experienced an interruption in service.  I would never give up my land-line
phone in favor of a cell phone for full-time use.  Any blind person who
lives alone and thinks he is saving money by giving up his land-line phone
is just asking for trouble.  Many of the casualties resulting from Hurricane
Sandy were the disabled and elderly who had only a non-working cell phone at
their disposal and so could not call for help.

Gerald