[Electronics-talk] Tassimo brewers; was Keurig 2.0 accessibility

Chip Orange Corange at PSC.STATE.FL.US
Thu Nov 12 19:09:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

Actually, I'm wrong about them making all the same size; the bar code on the pod tells it how much water to use.

I've seen something like 4 ounce espresso up to (I believe) 12 ounce American coffee.  The size isn't adjustable on the machine though, it's coded in the barcodes of the pods.  The machine does allow you to push the "start" button at the end of the brew to add some additional hot water if you like a somewhat weaker drink.

It also can be used for various hot teas, hot chocolates, and chai tea late, etc.

There's a special site for mail ordering the pods, or you can mail order them from Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond.  If you care about the color of the brewing machine, they are generally black, but I believe the Home Shopping Network sells a white Tassimo brewer (my wife cares about the color).

I can't tell you how much better I think it is over the k-cups, and yet it's priced around $50 to $75 for the brewer, so it's not up in the really high priced group.

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst