[Electronics-talk] Sirius-XM Radios

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 16 13:46:15 UTC 2015

Good morning colleagues,

I have experienced the Sirius XM app to be very screen reader friendly with voiceOver on the iPhone. This has not always been the case with previous versions of the app which had unlabeled tab controls at the bottom of the screen. But several months ago the app underwent an extreme makeover and now all of the controls are accessible. On a personal note, my favorite way to locate a channel is to use the search feature which works very efficiently. The search feature is especially useful when locating a special event such as a football or basketball game.

As two extra costs, I am not aware of any at this time. The app is a free download and all one needs to do to access it is to Sirius XM subscription.

Unfortunately, audio streaming on the Sirius XM website, which in times past was accessible with jaws, is no longer accessible, thanks to Adobe Flash, that terrible browser plug-in that every screen reader user loves to hate. Postings on this and possibly other user groups and forums documents that several of our colleagues have attempted to raise thye web accessibility concern with Sirius XM corporate headquarters, but to no avail. As the venerable Walter Cronkite used to say at the close of his newscast on CBS, "and that's the way it is."

HTH and best regards,
Rob Taber and guide Kane brought Raúl III