[Electronics-talk] Talking Daisy Book Player & Demo Podcast! Veteran's Day deal: Free Wall Chargers with Talking Mp3 Players!

Laz laz at talkingmp3players.com
Mon Nov 16 20:59:02 UTC 2015

Please allow me to dispel any rumors being bandied around about this
new Daisy player.

1. It was never claimed by myself that this player supported either
NLS, Audible.com, or any other purveyor of protected file types.

2 If Learning Ally delivers their Daisy books in a protected file
format, then they won't be supported on this new Daisy player.

3. If anyone cared to follow the link to the site they would have seen
plain as day the statement which says "Please note that this player
doesn't support books from audible.com or Bard/NLS."

4. I tested it with free samples of Daisy books which I found by
googling for them as I had no Daisy book files at hand.

5. I'm pretty sure that Bard/NLS is not the sole source for Daisy
books, in fact I know of one individual who converts his own regular
audiobooks to Daisy books.

6. I will be contacting someone at NLS to work out how to add this
player to those that do support NLS books.

in the meantime here is a link where you can hear my interview with J.
J. from Blind Bargains where the issue is spelled out more completely:

Blind Bargains Podcast #40
http://www.blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=13737

Best regards,

Laz

        Podcast!        Veteran's Day deal: Free Wall Chargers with Talking Mp3

I suspect that the answer is YES  -- it won't support Learning Ally books.

Mike Freeman

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz at talkingmp3players.com