[Electronics-talk] Talking Daisy Book Player & Demo Podcast! Veteran's Day deal: Free Wall Chargers with Talking Mp3 Players!

Chip Orange Corange at PSC.STATE.FL.US
Fri Nov 20 17:17:06 UTC 2015

Hi Danielle,

Yes, I believe Learning Ally books are also protected, so it cannot play them either.

As Tracy mentioned, Bookshare is the only source I can think of, for a significant amount of unprotected DAISY format Ebooks.  Perhaps Libravox or some such organization which promulgates "out of copyright" material would also make DAISY books available.

Laz,  I wasn't accusing you of mis-representing anything at all; I just felt that some of these points could be made more clearly, since in many people's minds, DAISY and NLS are synonamous.  I'm sorry I did it in some way which was upsetting to you.

Chip

Chip Orange
Florida Public Service Commission
Computer Systems Analyst