[Electronics-talk] Bookshare Question

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Wed Sep 2 01:31:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

Yes, they may be read on the computer.  These are text based files, so they are quite flexible.  If you have Kurzweil 1000 on your computer searching and downloading books can't be simpler.  K-1000 will save the files in most any format that you like.  For the PC, this is a powerful combination.

If you have Voice Dream Reader on your phone, it can directly download books and the speech choices are nearly human quality.  The Bookshare phone app is ok, but I like Voice Dream Reader much better for its ease of use and voice selections.

The Bookshare files will play on most any device that will play Daisy and other text content such as the Victor or Book Sense and many others.

The broad range of books is amazing.  Downloads are very fast.  There isn't anything which is not good about Bookshare, other than limiting oneself on choosing a manageable number of books.  It is like being in a candy store.  The thing I always remind myself is that they will always be there, tomorrow..

Warmest Regards,

Fred