[Electronics-talk] Accessible Microwave?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:49:35 UTC 2015

And why do you say rubbing alcohol should never be used for cleaning
electronics? What is added to rubbing alcohol that isn't added to
denatured alcohol that makes it unfit for cleaning electronics?

Here's one article that talks about the chemical composition of rubbing
alcohol http://thechemicalblog.com/what-is-rubbing-alcohol/

Here's the wikipedia article on rubbing alcohol, which includes links to
articles on denatured alcohol, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubbing_alcohol

 From what I know and have read, rubbing alcohol is a denatured alcohol.
Rubbing alcohol can be up to 99% alcohol (isopropyl or ethyl.
Manufacturers have different formulas for denatured and rubbing alcohol.
As I said, if I need some alcohol to do some cleaning, and I don't have
any denatured alcohol handy, I wouldn't hesitate to use rubbing alcohol.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail