[Electronics-talk] another thought on Keurig coffee makers

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:53:08 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I apologize for chiming in so late on this thread.

I know there are a lot of discussions of the Keurig 2.0 system which sounds
great, but it also sounds to me like a totally blindperson would have
difficulty using the functions available on the touch screen.

Several months ago, I replaced my mini brewer with the K-45 brewing system
from Keurig.

The k-45 is very easy to operate and features a series of buttons labeled
small, medium and large. There is also an on-off button and another button
that you can push so that the machine shuts off after two hours. Its default
setting is that the machine is always on, but I don't think that is a good
idea.

The K-45 also has a water reservoir on the left side of the machine which is
very easy to remove, or you can leave it attached to the Keurig and pour
water in as needed.

I like this model because when the unit is on, the water stays hot, and the
coffee brews very quickly.

You can also use the Keurig for other beverages such as tea, cocoa and hot
cider. I haven't used the pods for the cider or cocoa as I'm concerned it
will lead to cleaning the unit more often.

Anyway, I wanted to pass along my experiences.

Best regards.

Liz