[Electronics-talk] blue tooth paring

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:15:31 UTC 2015

And what kind of computer are we talking about? A Mac or a PC? If a PC,
what version of Windows are you running?

On my Windows 7 box, I just typed bluetooth in the search field and
arrowed down until I heard add a bluetooth device. I didn't go further,
but at some point you'll be given a code you'll need to type on your
keyboard to pair the keyboard with your PC. This assumes your computer
supports bluetooth.

I know you didn't ask, but I'm not a big fan of putting a bluetooth
keyboard on a computer. When the battery dies in your bluetooth
keyboard, you won't know if it's the keyboard or the computer. You also
want the keyboard to be recognized before your operating system boots,
so you can use it with your BIOS. When I had a bluetooth keyboard hooked
up to a computer of mine, I found that I was still grabbing a wired
keyboard enough that it just didn't seem worth it. I'm a big fan of a
bluetooth keyboard for a laptop, netbook, tablet or smart phone, but not
something as immobile as a computer.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail