[Electronics-talk] Crockpot with WeMo

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 20 13:59:02 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I just came across a crockpot that can be controlled remotely through your
home wireless network.  Belkin is the manufacturer of this product and many
others.  I have no idea about the controls on the actual crockpot, but maybe
that does not matter because of the ability to control the product with your
iPhone through the Belkin WeMo app.  I downloaded the app and was very
disappointed to find that the set up section is totally inaccessible, so my
fear is that the control section is most likely inaccessible as well.

Has anyone used the Belkin WeMo app successfully.  I'm hoping that maybe
once you get past the setup it is accessible.  I really do not want to
purchase this somewhat expensive crockpot to find that I can't use it any
better than the majority of crockpots that are currently on the market.

I'm going to try and call Belkin later this week if I have the time.  I'd
love to hear what experiences any of you have had with the Belkin WeMo app.

Thanks,

Annette