[Electronics-talk] Crockpot with WeMo

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 21 01:34:22 UTC 2015

I saw it for $129 elsewhere.  I'm not really sure if it is really worth the
money.  It is the Crockpot brand, but it obviously has the wireless
technology built into it.  Given that we do not leave a crockpot on while we
are away at work, the ability to remotely adjust the crockpot's start, stop
and cooking level is not valuable to us.  However, since my family despite
being home can't seem to get it turned on  or adjusted when needed, I could
take care of it while I'm at work and they are here at home.  When I am at
home, it would give me the ability to program the crockpot to start and/or
stop at a particular time, and adjust it to the needed cooking level without
having to memorize the settings on the knob.  I recently looked for a new
crockpot at a local store, and they did not have any models with a knob.
They all had buttons with lights or a display, and no audible indicators.

Annette