[Electronics-talk] are MS Word and Mac Pages Compatible?

Haro, Juan, CFB Juan.Haro at state.nm.us
Wed Sep 23 16:06:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

Microsoft Word can read a document created in Pages for the Mac. In order for it to be made readable, while in Pages, you need to export the document to Word. So if you are in Pages and using VoiceOver, you press VO m to go to the menu. VO left arrow to get to the file menu. VO down arrow to Export. Left arrow to open the option. Down arrow to Word and press VO space to activate it. Follow the prompts and save the file as a Word file. This will save the document with a .docx extension. Hope this is helpful.

Juan F. Haro, M.A., NOMC, NCUEB, NCLB
Technology Trainer
New Mexico Commission for the Blind
400 N. Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 900