[Electronics-Talk] Android-based braille notetakers

Brad Hodges brad.hodges at outlook.com
Tue Apr 5 14:43:51 UTC 2016

Tracy:

If I may, there are two pieces of hardware and a textile cover. The
first piece is the "case" which is   rectangular and felt just a bit
longer and taller than an Apex. The case is comprised of a top piece,
containing a keyboard which felt identical to that of the Apex, and is
hinged at the back and connected to a tray-like section in which a
tablet is connected.

The second hardware piece is the tablet. It felt very much like a
conventional Android or iPad tablet with a row of braille cells running
across it's front and  along it's long edge. Spring latches on the
bottom of the lower section of the case release the tablet. The
batteries are contained in the tablet/braille unit.

A wrapper with magnetic edges is attached to the back of the case and
covers the braille keyboard and edges of the Touch.

On 4/5/2016 10:25 AM, Tracy Carcione via Electronics-Talk wrote:
> I have looked at the Humanware site for the Braillenote Touch, but it's
> light on actual specs.
> Is it 3 pieces--braille display, touch tablet, and case?  It seems rather
> confusing to me.
> Tracy

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/electronics-talk_nfbnet.org/carcion
>>> e%40acc