[Electronics-Talk] Android-based braille notetakers

Jim McCarthy jmccarthy at mdtap.org
Tue Apr 5 20:49:26 UTC 2016

Steve, I actually found myself where the humanware interview took place at
CSUN and agree with the suggestion to lookup the others from BlindBargains
as good background. There are strong inferences that keymail and keyplan are
improved from their keysoft, apex days but a clear indication of the
improvements was not offered so far as I recall. For a web browser, they are
using fire fox and chrome and claim a better browsing experience while
keeping the commands from keysoft. The other issue that it seems to me many
people should ask before they move in to these new devices is whether they
can pair with their IOS devices. I know the B2G folks stated that one needs
a blue tooth dongle to do this and I think Brad stated that for the first
version, the Touch from humanware will not connect to an iPhone or other
devices. I think lots of people will assume this connectivity that is not
assured. The inference from what Brad reported is that HumanWare will add
IOS connectivity by Bluetooth soon after the product launch, but if they do
not, there is nothing the disappointed purchaser can do at that point so if
that's important, know up front.
Jim